The majority of home buyers start their search online, so it is critical to make the first impression count! Follow these tips to prepare your home for the best real estate photos possible.
- Declutter kitchen counters. Yes, this mean nothing on them.
- Declutter bathrooms. Same as above.
- Bathroom toilet seats and lids must be down. Your realtor will be charged extra if they're not.
- Thoroughly clean whole house (vacuum carpet, mop hard floors, clean countertops, clean windows)
- Turn all overhead lights and lamps ON
- Replace all burned out light bulbs
- Use bulbs of the same temperature (ALL incandescent or ALL compact fluorescent)
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF
- Turn all TVs OFF
- Turn all computer screens OFF
- If your house is vacant, remove cable/satellite wires.
- Open blinds/window treatments to let in outside light
- Remove personal photographs (or replace with general landscape/object photographs)
- Make all beds. Make sure they're as perfect as possible.
- Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
- Place all shoes/jackets in closets
- Except for garbage day, garbage cans must be placed in the the garage. Your realtor will be charged extra if they're not.
I send an average of 1.5 to 2 hours edited a home. With everything done above, you will have an amazing first impression!